Monday, January 4, 2010

Birthday Party and New Phone

I was feeling a bit weird yesterday getting back to the apartment. I hadn't really talked to Gabby's room mate very much yet and I knew he was having a big birthday party so I didn't know what to expect- being a lone gringo, knowing no one. Turned out to be amazing though, especially after a few beers. Most people knew enough English that I could have a conversation with them, and everyone was really cool. Managed to theorize on the meaning behind some of the art here and even got into a discussion about drugs and religion. I'm going to keep in contact with a couple people and plan to meet up and adventure around the city before I leave. It was definitely a motivator to learn Spanish faster and I think that is what I will do for a while today.

oh yea, got a mexican cell, 5525108500. i think if you want to call it from the US you have to dial 011 then 52 then the number. txts work too but unless its time sensitive just txt 5305394734, i can still check that one online and reply without wasting my credits.

No comments :

Post a Comment